Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Making Love Work"

This weekend we have a "Making Love Work" couples enrichment seminar for church. Brandon and I are on the planning committee and really enjoying getting to know some other people at church. And we are also really looking forward to hear what the speakers have to say about 'making love work'. I mean, of course they have to say that as long as the men do whatever the women want, all will be ok in the world of love, right? Of course not, but I am at least hoping that my hubby will be dazed by love and go with me to see "27 Dresses" this weekend!! We haven't been to the movies in forever - seems I always go and see the girly flicks with the girls and he will go and see all the other movies I hate with the boys, and there don't seem to be many in between. Luckily with TV we find mutual ground. And lately, I feel I am looking at my life as if it were a TV show. I get caught up in all the drama and try and figure out the next step, when really I should just sit back and take it one day at a time, and try to stop planning every step. I really need to trust that God will lead the way, and all I need to do is pray and follow his lead. My mom recently reminded me that God will only give you what you can handle. My parents said this to me a lot growing up, and it is the phrase I find myself coming back to often. It is a way I try to comfort others as well as myself. You can easily get caught up feeling sorry for everyone and worrying about the WHY when bad things happen, but there is a reason for everything, and if you don't believe in this, you will go crazy. I also hope that after this weekend, I can really take a step back and appreciate the great things in my life - especially my wonderful husband. He is my rock. He lets me vent and complain, and ramble on and on about things, but he also motivates me and makes me a better person.

I know it seems silly to ramble on a blog in which who knows who is reading, but there is something to be said for being able to express yourself through writing. I don't consider myself a very creative person - one who can write for entertainment and to make people laugh, or to analyze random things - I enjoy reading those type things, but when it comes down to my writing, it always seems to be about feelings. Maybe I should have pursued my minor in Psychology instead of my major in Business?

No comments: