Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

If these walls could talk.....

....they would have some interesting stories to tell! Don't ask me why (probably because of all the crime shows I watch on TV), but I sometimes stop what I am doing and wonder if someone is watching. You know, like is my house bugged or is there a hidden camera, because I have my silly moments that I wouldn't want caught on tape. For example, the other day there was nothing on TV and Brandon was still at work, and so I put my headphones on and started listening to my IPod. Brandon came home and found me dancing in the kitchen with our dog - which was a pretty funny sight! I mean, of course I have danced in public before, but you always seem to restrain yourself. When I am alone, I love to dance and sing my cares away. Usually it is just silly and goofy - twrilling and spinning, but I still get nervous that someone may see - that time is for me and I don't have to worry about impressing anyone. That is what I love most about having a house and a space to call my own - you can invite friends and family into your home, but you can also shut everyone out and enjoy "you" time. Brandon and I enjoy those weekends every once and a while, when we don't go anywhere, don't answer the phone, and just relax. But, I also enjoy hosting. Last night I hosted my Circle 8 girls from church at my house. I love these ladies! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard about "Poo" before!!! And even though we are all still getting to know one another, I already know that they are there for me, and that means a lot. So, thanks girls!! When I have people over, it motivates me to really clean, straighten, and do things I normally don't bother doing - like lighting candles, and trying out new recipes. I seem to get more excited now about getting new serving pieces or cooking utensils than a new purse or pair of shoes. I guess just another sign that I am growing up! And even though I like to feel all grown up, there are times, I just need my mom. After everyone left last night, I called my mom. I called just to talk and see how things were going, but then some feelings I have been bottling up just came out and it was nice to know I always have my mom there to listen and comfort me. I just hope that one day I can be as good of a mom as she is! So, instead of coming home to seeing me dancing to my IPod, Brandon came home to see me crying on the phone - the poor guy is so confused!! But, even when I am really not that upset, I good cry feels good. And for those who know me well, they know I cry at anything - it seems to be how I express just about every emotion. And something about talking to Mom just brings it out too. So, if these walls could talk, I wonder what they would say? They would probably just say that I am a normal girl who is learning to take life one day at a time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

yes, we ARE all here for you! please let me know if you EVER need to chat about things... ok?

you are an AWESOME hostess! thank you for having us over.

Sarah said...

Ditto, G. :) I think I'm still in the running for youngest in the circle, but I have good ears.