Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2008! Another year - another beginning. I was just trying to think of what my new year resolutions would be, and which ones I will break first ;) Each year I always come up with some of the same - to loose weight, spend more time with family & friends, exercise more, stress less.....but then I always make a few private ones - things I vow to do or achieve - I feel if they stay private, they are more likely to come true - kind of like a birthday wish when you blow out the candles - if you share it, it won't come true philosophy. I am not sure how exciting 2008 will be, but I am looking forward to another good year. I guess that is one of my favorite parts about New Years' Day - to look forward to the things to come in that year. So far I know we will have a few exciting events - my grandmother's 90 birthday in June, 5 years in our house, our friends' Chad & Anna's wedding in October and our 4 year anniversary. And I am sure a few surprises will pop up throughout the year as well.

We are having a lazy weekend/holiday, but enjoying it all the same. Brandon worked yesterday, but I took the day off. I checked in with work via the laptop in the morning, had lunch with my friend Sarah, and then just relaxed. I had things I hoped to accomplish on my day off, but didn't get a one of them done - oh well. We headed to our friends' Kyle & Kristen's house last night to celebrate New Year's. We just hung around and talked, and ate all kinds of yummy dips and munchies. We headed home about 11:15, because I didn't want to be on the road with drunk drivers, and walked in the door about 11:57, just in time to turn on the TV and see the ball drop, have our New Year's kiss, and then went to bed. I know, we are so exciting, aren't we!?!? Brandon actually wasn't feeling that well, so the casual evening was good. And this morning we slept in, watched the parade and now it is football time. We are both still in our PJ's and enjoying the lazy day at home. Maybe we will even wake up to some snow in the morning :)

Happy New Year!!

No comments: