Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pinched Nerve

This was the diagnosis Brandon received today. Instead of being at church, like we are most Sunday mornings, we sat in the waiting room at the urgent care. And even though I shutter to think we may have back problems in our future, I am glad they hopefully determined his troubles. I guess the running around with the kids yesterday and feeling like teenagers again wasn't all that great, huh? Sometimes it is strange the symptoms your body can have - as he was complaining about abdominal pain just as much as aching in his back and leg. Turns out the nerve that is pinched affects several areas of your body. Not sure how it happened, but the doctor seemed to think it is pretty common after a week long business trip where you sit in conferences all day as he just did in Annapolis. Huh? It is just strange that it was bothering him off and on all week and then this morning he could barely walk and I just couldn't watch him endure the pain. He promised to go to the doctor on Monday (even though I had insisted he go on Friday), but we both thought it better to go ahead today. Guess that is the joys of urgent care - they are there for that very reason. And speaking of the waiting room - the nurses on duty thought this was a good time to get caught up on their exercises. So, I heard huffing and puffing from the reception desk area, as two of them took turns stair stepping on some make shift work out area (I think boxes or a chair was involved). I am all for getting in shape, but not sure it should be done on duty, or when you have to help patients who come to the window while you are sweaty and out of breath. And why is it that sometimes nurses seemed to be the most overweight people in there? I know obesity is a problem across America, but just find it ironic whenever someone in the health care system is a heavy smoker, obese, or some other health problem that is usually self inflicted. I am not one to talk, because I am so not in shape! Just my tid-bit for the day. Anyway, so my boy is sleeping soundly now, and I am getting ready to do some work (no fun - but will make tomorrow morning all the much easier). I was so frustrated on Friday, that I left early - so now have to play catch up!

No comments: