Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

TV's in Cars

Ok, before I start, I realize that I am one of these people now, as we splurged for a DVD player in our new Acadia. However, I feel that there is a size that is appropriate, as well as vehicles in which having one makes sense. So, this leads me to the purpose of this blog entry....

.....on my way home from my Circle meeting last night, I merged onto Hwy 29 and started the final leg of my trip home. Much to the amazement of my eyes, I got behind an older model sedan (not sure of the model), but at any rate, it was a old beat up car, and inside was a HUGE screen in which music videos were being played for all of Hwy 29 to see. I couldn't believe the size of the screen compared to the size of the car. This screen would have even been too big for an Expedition, let alone a Sedan! There is no reason to have a screen that big inside a car. I don't even know how anyone riding in the backseat could even stand to watch something that big and that up close! Plus, it was dangerous to other motorists. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it, and had to keep reminding myself to watch the road. It was crazy! It made me second guess having one in my own car, as I don't want to contribute to reckless driving. However, I do have tinted rear windows, and my screen is appropriate size. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, but I was blown away!

(But, I think this blog entry that I found tops the charts of why if you choose to have a DVD/TV in your car, that you need to monitor what you play. Can you believe it!!??)

No comments: