Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend...

Had a pretty busy weekend - but what else is new - as my friends say, I have trouble saying NO! Friday night was fun though, a night out with the girls to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday, and I must say she is 50 and FABULOUS! We pulled one of those stunts that waitstaff and people waiting for a table at a crowded restaurant can't stand - we camped out at our booth for like 3 hrs. But oh well, we had fun, and they can all get over it! We usually get together for lunch, but always hate that we have to keep checking our watch and never really get to catch up. And I am proud to say that we got Teresa to do her first Shot EVER for her birthday!! You go girl!!! Then I drove home in the downpour - but glad we didn't get anything worse than that. Always makes me feel so bad for those who have to deal with the after effects of natural disasters - and makes me feel even luckier when something doesn't happen to us.

I was tired at work today - and on top of that, it was a pretty stressful day. So, all I want to do is crash right now, but I have an AOII Conference Call - YEAH! (NOT!!!) I will be glad when I can pass over the alumnae presidency position once and for all! I haven't minded doing it really, but enough is enough (I think this is my 6th year!). Luckily I have already read my chapter for Circle tomorrow night - looking forward to getting into the swing of things with that and catching up with everyone!

Nothing much else exciting to blog about - it never fails - the things I really want to blog about or complain about - or vent about - I don't, because I am fearful that someone will read it that shouldn't - I guess that is why Diaries were originally intended to be private! I know I am probably being paranoid and now all of you are wondering if I want to complain about you! Doubtful, but you never know who really is reading these things......

1 comment:

Mareike said...

Ginny,
You are right, you never know who is reading the blogs. Sometimes I comment (I guess as I am now) because I don't want to feel like a voyeur (is that how you spell that?) I follow blogs of my friends but they lead me to other blogs. I posted comments to Brandon's blog because he's interesting and I wanted him to keep blogging. (His response was very sweet in thanking me for my thoughts.) I see in you another truly caring person. Perhaps there is hope for this world. All my best, Mareike.