Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I just spent the last three hours working on a month-close report for work. I understand that month-close duties are important, but sometimes, especially when working on this report, I feel my job is so pointless. I mean, all I do on this report is take figures from a report printed from our system, and put them into an excel document that is saved and updated month to month. Sure, it gives my boss and the auditors a "pretty" picture of what our advances were for the month, but it is such a monotonous task. It is almost degrading. I guess I shouldn't complain, because nothing else about my job description is this easy, so I should take the monotonous task and be glad to not have to think so hard for a few hours. I mean, I did it while watching Big Brother 10 and other things on TV. There aren't many other duties I have in my job where I can have almost a lake of concentration. I am usually pretty good an multi-tasking, so it isn't that hard. And me not complaining about it may have been true before I had to bring the report home to do (which is what I have done the past two months) since there is no time during the work day to get it done (I guess because of all those non-monotonous tasks!). But, I have a sneaky feeling it has to do with my new role as supervisor - just not enough hours in the day! I know I know, I should delegate and pass it on, but this is the only real picture I get of what is going on with cash during the month, so it is good for me to do it, especially since it is my "butt" that gets quizzed on it on a weekly basis by my boss. For all those who have no idea what I am talking about, and really don't care, here is something random for you:

Sarah tagged me on her blog, so here it goes:

The Rules
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag.

1)I like to drink soda from a can with a straw. Even though it has the small little hole from which you can drink, I just prefer to drink it with a straw. It is something about the smell of the metal can and not wanting that close to my lips or nose. Sure, I could poor it into a glass, but what is the fun in that. Which reminds me, I need to add straws to the grocery list!

2)I hate to clean, but I always straighten. If if I have a pile of stuff somewhere, it is usually a fairly neat pile. And believe me, I have a ton of JUNK in my house, especially paper - we have piles and piles of just paper - of what, I am not sure, but we just have trouble throwing it out. My straightening frenzy is usually outdone by all the stuff, but even so, I can't just have my stuff thrown anywhere - I always has a "place" even if it makes sense to no one but me.

3)I wash my hands a lot. No matter what I was doing - even if just getting the mail outside - I always wash my hands when I come in the house. I am not sure why, because I don't wash my hands a lot at work, or other places - not like I am a germ freak, I just like to have clean hands while in my house - I guess it makes me feel I am not bringing germs in - but if you saw how dirty my house can get, it wouldn't make sense to you, especially with a dog that loves to DIG outside and bring all the dirt in ;)

4)I don't like onions. I love the flavor they can give something, but just can't stand the texture of them. I guess that is why I resort to onion salt or powder in a lot of my own cooking. I just can't stand to crunch down on a raw onion or feel my tongue slide over a slimy cooked onion. I am not as bad as to not eat something if it has onions in it, but I just try to avoid them best I can.

5)I don't like secrets. This isn't a random fact to those who know me, but for those who don't, here is the rule - if you don't want to know something about me, don't ask, because I am an open book. You ask, and you can be assured I will tell (much to my husbands dismay at times). And if you tell me something that you do want kept secret, make sure you make that clear to me. I can keep a secret if someone asks, but the problem is since I don't have any secrets myself, it is hard for me to judge on my own what someone else would consider a secret.

6)I have a shower routine. I am sure most of us will admit the same, but I have to laugh at myself. I have a definite routine to how I "cleanse" myself in the shower. I have tried to change the order before, and it just messes with my head. But, since it is MY time, I figure, I can do as I wish, and I wish to stick to my routine ;) And since I know everyone is not as open a book as I am, I will spare you the details of that routine!

Ok, now onto the fun part - I get to TAG!! So, I tag:
1) Sarah Kate
2) Jessica
3) Mikaela
4) Jen
5) Jenny
6) Brandon (I know Emily has already tagged you, but you have ignored her request, and so I find it only fair to DOUBLE tag you, and plus, there aren't too many people that read my blog regularly that also have a blog and haven't already been tagged).

No comments: